Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jill is missing


Brendan came home from school very upset. I’m not sure ‘upset’ is quite the right word for it. His friend, Jill, has been missing since yesterday. She wasn’t at school, and he was telling me (very reluctantly) that her parents had stopped by and screamed at the principal in front of a good portion of the student body. They’re in a panic.

I’m not sure whether I’m sympathetic, or think they’re overreacting. She didn’t sound like the best student to begin with, and if she’s inspired all of this delinquent behavior in my children, maybe nothing’s happened to her. Maybe she’s just running off, causing a fuss for nothing.

It’s not polite to speak of people like her like you’re doing right now.

I’d think you’d know better.

What do you mean, ‘people like her’?

She’s fine. Isn’t she fine? What do you know?

I told you what we would do.

1 comment:

  1. The only advice I can offer in your situation is the advice that I offered earlier and Sheryl repeated.

    Run. If Missy will let you get as far away from your family and friends as you can. You can't keep her from hurting people but you might be able to keep her from hurting people you care about if she lets you leave. Even if Missy has no plans to harm your husband and children directly she will eventually use you up like she did your predecessor and need a new body. She'll want one that's convenient. Given her proclivities the likely target is your daughter.

    Nothing I've read suggests you have the mental strength or training to control her. I'm lucky Bob fucked up and didn't think through the consequences of fragmenting what was already a fragment. You're dealing with one that appears to be of at least average strength. I'm not sure *I* could control Missy.

    The other option, and I hate to recommend it because I try to avoid them, is to try to get the attention of the SMSC. There has been at least one case of a fragment being separated from it's host, although the ritual damaged their personality I think Owen still preferred it to sharing his body with Grey. They may have developed other solutions since then.

    I think the best way to try to reach them would be through the FBI. If they deny such an organization exists explain to them that you have a Delta Mike situation. Even if the message doesn't get passed on directly there's a chance they're listening in and using their own terminology should attract attention.

    I'm presuming Jill was targeted by Mistletoe, but just in case it's not the case you aren't aware of any rumors of her receiving bouquets from a stalker are you?

    ReplyDelete