Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another Game Won!

Congratulations!  She didn’t die!  We’ve got the heroine of the hour, here.  How does it feel, Lyndsay?  How does it feel to know that you saved a poor, sweet, innocent life?  A life that now belongs to you.

Are you proud?  I hope you’re proud.  I hope you feel that adrenaline pumping.

why did you do that to her

Not as much as you did!  I didn’t even need to push.  You must’ve been really sorry for the poor girl.  But I think we both know she deserves some comfort after that.

After all, how horrible it must’ve been.  Chloroformed.  Dumped in a coffin with a day’s worth of air and just left to rot on the hope that a useless housewife will come save her.

But there you were!  You handled that shovel like a pro, Lyndsay.

It was all you!  This was my present for you.  You get what so many people have wished for but so few ever actually get.  You got the chance to save a life, and you took it!  Right on time, too.  A few minutes later and she would’ve been choking to death before you even got that lid pried open.

why her

Why not her, thought?

It’s just like a movie, isn’t it?

At least it’s like the memories of a movie.  I don’t have the patience to sit through one.

But it’s a basic law of dramatics, Lyndsay.

You have to save the love interest.

Would it have had any more impact if it had just been a random person down there?

I mean, granted, I could have used your children, but they’d be a bit missed on Christmas.  Not like her.  Still in her graduate dorm, sitting alone and working on her thesis for the holidays.

did you choose her because you knew she would kiss me? Ask me to take care of her?

No, my friend.

I chose her because I knew, if she asked, that you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment