Saturday, December 15, 2012

Crashed the car

Gordon is furious with me. He won’t come right out and say so, but after what I did to the car, I can’t fault him for it. I’ve never driven a day in my life, and suddenly, yesterday, I seemed to ‘wake up’.

I was at a red light, behind the wheel of Gordon’s car.

I didn’t have a clue what to do. I didn’t even know which pedal was the gas. I probably damaged something, hitting both pedals, jerking the wheel...

It was supposed to be a sink or swim moment.

Guess who sank!

I crashed the car. It wasn’t terrible, they said, but I’m lucky the damage wasn’t worse.

You are so pathetic.

You literally couldn’t drive a car when everything was set up for you already!

The damage will cost a few thousand to repair. The car is still drivable, so Gordon still has a way to get to work.

I think what bothers me the most is that I have no idea where I was going.

Do I have to do everything for you?

Looks like.

There are directions in your cell phone, silly.

I don’t have a cell phone.

Check your purse a bit more carefully.

Stop.

I don’t have the money for is.

Yes you do.

I’ve made sure you do.

What

How?

I don’t have the qualifications to be hired anywhere. I know whatever you’re doing isn’t legal. What are you doing?

Oh, lots of things.

Armed robbery’s easy once you know the trick.

Oh, and speaking of tricks.

That’s the other thing we’re doing.

Or, rather, turning.

Stop this stop this right now never do this to me again

They should have left you some messages on your phone.

Why not read them aloud so Gordon can hear?

I’m deleting all of these

Never do this again. I mean it.

Or what?

Are you going to sulk at me some more?

Just stop

What do I get out of “just stopping”?

Do you have any sense of right and wrong at all?

Right is fun!  Wrong is boring.

No.

That’s not it.

Yeah, but what you mean is boring, so I deem it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment