Tuesday, December 18, 2012

call the police


It feels like there’s a leak in my brain. When I sleep, when I make dinner, little things are seeping out that weren’t there before. Things I didn’t used to know. Things I don’t want to know.

Did you know that when you cut through a chicken bone, it’s about as difficult as cutting through a human finger bone?

I know that now.

I know how to skin an animal. I know how to skin a human.

Oh good!  You’re finally learning from me.

I know how to cut off someone’s head and mount it on a wall. I know how to hunt. I know how to start fires with nothing more than a rock. I know how to put together a bomb. I know how to sharpen wood until it can work as a knife and where to shove it, to kill someone.
Don’t forget the really sexy stuff.

I know things that make my head spin. In, and out of the bedroom.

and I know how to bring those things that don’t belong in the bedroom into ‘play’. It makes me ill to think about it.
And to think, Lyndsay, you learned some of it by experience.

My point is.

When they reported that Jill’s body had been found, this morning, I found out all her injuries. And I know how I inflicted them.

I have to turn myself in.
No.

I don’t think you will.

I won’t kid myself.

You won’t let me.

But I should be brought to justice. You should be brought to justice. You murdered a little girl.
No, Lyndsay.

We did.

And what makes you think I don’t want to go to jail?

I can have so much fun in jail.
Do you know how many cigarettes I could use you to get?

I would be a god in there.

And when I got bored?

I’d just switch to a guard and walk out.

Then let’s go to prison. I’ll call the police right now and turn myself in.
Would you really do that to Gordon, though?

Or your children?

Thanks to you, they’re better off without me.
Oh no.  If we’re going to go to jail, let’s really deserve it.

“I’m sorry officer, I couldn’t help it.  Sarah just reminded me of Jill.”

“I didn’t even realize it was my daughter until the knife was in.”

“And then I had to kill the rest, I had to.”

“They can’t be lonely in Heaven.”

You will not touch my family. That would bore you, wouldn’t it?

You love threatening me with them. You love scaring me by saying you’ll hurt them.
That’s a lovely hypothesis.

Let’s see if you’re too much of a coward to test it.

Call the police.

See what happens.

I will.
Do it.

Why are you holding that knife, Lyndsay?

STOP IT JUST STOP IT
No, let’s do this.

You don’t think I will.

I think I will.

Why not test it?

I wn’t call the poilce
Are you sure?

The phone’s in your hand.

It’s a good thing you’re already crying, this’ll sound so much better if you’re tearful.

i wont call
There’s a good girl.

A nice, boring girl.

I’m just looking out for you.

You’d never make it in jail, anyway.

I’d see to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment